I have made more time to sew for myself than ever before. Thank you SarahLiz for administering this great group of sewers and the Challenge. It is a real treat to go and read other's blogs and see what they have been up to!
For my November garment I went back and forth between an Ottobre Design Magazine or a Vogue dress pattern. I ultimately settled on the Ottobre sheath type dress because I thought it would sew up quicker. Well the dress did sew up quick, with the help of my Serger, but tracing the pattern and grading between pattern sizes proved to be a bit of a hassle. There are soooo many patterns on one sheet it got a bit confusing and I ended up starting over a few times. It wasn't really a HUGE deal but when I have limited sewing time I want things to go as smoothly as possible. Here is what one side of a pattern sheet looks like:
|A lot to process for my brain!|
So, here is my November completed garment! I am really pleased with the way it turned out and have worn it numerous times already. It is very comfortable and because the knit is heavier weight, plenty warm for our cooler late fall days here in southern Indiana.
|I made a fabric belt and shortened the sleeves to break up the pattern a bit.|
|Neck got a little wonky due to lots of stretch but all and all turned out okay.|
|Citrus photobombing (again!)|