|Inside my bag.|
First, I tried really, really hard to be positive and not grouse too much about cutting out bag pieces. (I did have a momentary set back but it was short!)
Second, I did not try to finish the bag in one sewing session. Instead, the pieces were leisurely cut whilst watching old Star Trek episodes with the fam one day and the bag sewn a couple of days later.
Third, NO stress over each piece of interfacing and every perfect bag part. I knew handles were needed so apart came another Tommy bag. Also, took the magnetic snap from there as well. I did not want to run around looking for bag pieces.
Fourth, I took the time to rip out or do over seams or topstitching that did not suit me.
In hindsight a stiffer interfacing would be nicer, the bag is too floppy, but it will work just fine for me. The bag style is quite nice and the construction was pretty easy. I enjoyed sewing this one.
The fabric has been in my stash since last summer. I thought this particular bag perfect for the fabric and like the way it came out.
|Here is the bag already loaded up with my stuff.|
|A lighter picture.|