The skirt was actually finished late late last night (or early this morning...depending on how one looks at it)! It was an easy sew; just matching up the plaid took some time when cutting out and I had to rip out one of the side seams a couple of times.
The fabric is from my stash. SSSShhhh....don't tell anyone but this is actually made with upholstery fabric and is my wearable muslin for the pattern! I can't decide, does it look like it??? It is a pretty heavy wool on the outside and is self lined so I didn't have to line it!! Yipee!!
|Really happy with the way the skirt turned out! Everything all matched up. :) Found the blouse at the local resale shop for $4. It pains me so to buy ready to wear but this is not a color I have in my closet. Ugh.|
|Great pics, very easy to follow. BUT, did not do a good job of explaining the finished kick pleat!|
|Love, Love, Love everything about Threads!|
|Kick pleat is not quite right but since this is a wearable muslin I am not going to worry about it.|
|Contrast waistband made with some scrap Kona cotton.|
|Yes, another photo bomb by Citrus!|
Whew...feel like the last few days have been a whirlwind. I will be posting a list of some great 2014 sew-a-longs that I have found tonight or tomorrow. Also, will be putting up a tutorial on making the Boston Common table runner in the next couple of days!
Happy Sewing Everyone!